See our Guerrilla UCD Live page
Personas are a valuable tool in the design of interactive systems since they promote empathy and provide a user-centred focus.
This two-day course is a hands-on workshop that takes participants through the research and development of personas, relating them to user stories, scenarios, sketches and prototypes. The emphasis is on making personas the focal point of design.
On this page:
Two full days (9:30 pm to 5:00 pm)
You will learn how to ...
- Research and develop personas
- Distinguish between primary and secondary personas
- Persuade colleagues and managers of their effectiveness
- Relate features and user stories to personas
- Develop user stories into conceptual models and wireframes
- Use sketching and prototyping techniques appropriately
- User research and affinity diagramming
- Persona development
- Persona-weighted feature matrix
- Mapping user stories to design
- Conceptual modelling and wireframes
- Sketching and prototyping techniques
Usability, UX and UCD practitioners. Designers and developers with some familiarity of user-centred design.
William Hudson is a User Experience Strategist who consults, writes and teaches in the fields of user-centred design, user experience and usability. He has over 40 years experience in the development of interactive systems, initially with a background in software engineering. William was the product and user interface designer for the Emmy-award-winning "boujou"; now an indispensable tool in major film studios. He has specialized in interaction design and human-computer interaction since the late 1980's. William has written and taught courses that have been presented to hundreds of software and web developers, designers and managers in the UK, North America and Europe. He is the founder and principal consultant of Syntagm, a consultancy specializing in the design of interactive systems established in 1985.
William has presented papers, talks and tutorials at a number of international conferences including CHI, UPA and Nielsen Norman Group Usability Week.
William has worked with a wide variety of clients, from startups to established multi-nationals (click here to see our client list). He is was the courses co-chair for CHI 2013 and is the creator of persona stories.